Chicago prescription drug rehab is available anytime that you are ready to tackle your addiction and begin the road to recovery. Prescription drug addiction affects people of all ages and backgrounds, but addiction does not have to control your life. A full range of treatment options is available to fit your personal needs.
Addiction in the Chicago Area
Between the years of 2006 and 2011, reported prescription drug abuse of hydrocodone rose 106 percent, while reported abuse of the drug oxycodone rose over 80 percent in the Chicago area. Among high school students, prescription drugs are third-most reported, following marijuana and inhalants. Additionally, prescription opiates are linked to an increase in heroin abuse, as heroin is purchased easily while prescription drugs require a doctor’s approval.
Nationally, treatment for prescription drug abuse has risen dramatically. From 2004 to 2009, visits to the emergency room for the misuse of prescription medications rose 117 percent over previous years. When combined with other drugs or alcohol, prescription medications can have devastating effects. In 2009, over 2 million people in the United States visited hospitals for treatment after missing prescription drugs or after combining prescription drugs other drugs or alcohol.
Benefits of Professional Drug Rehabilitation
Professional inpatient Chicago prescription drug rehab programs offer a broad range of advantages. Along with providing guidance through the first weeks or months of becoming sober, drug rehabilitation centers offer the following benefits:
- Inpatient drug rehabilitation facilities remove you from everyday life and provide you with a safe place to recover. While in the rehab facility, you will develop strategies to prevent using prescription drugs when faced with stress or other triggering emotions or events.
- These strategies are necessary to have when you are working to maintain sobriety after leaving the rehabilitation center.
- Studies have shown that people who attend inpatient drug rehab experience greater success rates in attaining, and maintaining, sobriety than those who do not go to inpatient treatment programs.
- Inpatient drug rehab allows you the time you need to learn how to live without prescription drugs. While an extended inpatient stay may seem overwhelming initially, time is essential to learning how to manage an addition. Thirty, sixty and ninety-day programs are some of the options that are available for inpatient treatment.
- Treatment is available for anyone who needs help in managing prescription medication abuse, including those who are just beginning to use the medication and realize there may be a problem. Those who are learning to manage a long-term addiction to prescription medication can also attend inpatient treatment.
- Working with others can provide you with a realistic view of the addiction. For instance, some people who are addicted to prescription medications may be in denial. Working with compassionate drug rehabilitation staff offers you the chance to examine your addiction without judgment.
Chicago Prescription Drug Rehab is Where to Begin
Contacting a Chicago prescription drug rehabilitation center is the first step toward recovery. You may start treatment with an entrance interview that examines the length and type of addiction that you are learning to manage. Your treatment program may include a set of predetermined steps that you work through while you are an inpatient, or you may set up a customized care plan. Taking the first step and seeking treatment in a Chicago prescription drug rehab allows you to control your prescription drug addiction and begin a new chapter in the story of your life.