Also known as depressants and sleeping pills, sedatives are a group of drugs that slow brain activity. This results in a relaxed effect that can influence sleep, but it can lead to addiction.
The sedative definition is:
Sedatives are often given to treat anxiety due to its calming effect.
Do You Have a Sedatives Addiction?
- Take them in large doses
- Continue to take them for a long period of time
- Fail to attempt to get off sedatives
- Take a while to recover from the drug
- Have mental and physical cravings
- Your life begins to revolve around the drug
- Relationship qualities begin decreasing
- It becomes hazardous to your health
Make sure that you are using sedatives properly, and if you feel that you are developing an addiction, get help right away.