One could be certain that substance abuse is a rapidly increasing problem, and that to a large degree, America lacks sufficient awareness on this issue. This lack of awareness plays a very big part in why this problem has grown so quickly. Professional treatment addresses this issue with behavior remedies that teach addicts how to control their impulses.
As a result, one of the key and major focus that we need to take part in as soon as possible to really handle this problem is simply to raise awareness of the problem.
To help in this effort, some facts and statistics have been included below:
- According to the Drug Abuse Warning Network, DAWN, substance abuse is more common today and is causing people to need ER treatment. This never used to be the case. It shows us that the habit of abusing substances is more dangerous as drugs are more potent these days.
- The key factor is that the types of substance available today are more likely to cause a trip to the hospital then the types of substances that were used in the 1990s and before.
- According to DAWN, about 40 to 45% of all visits to emergency rooms are related to substance abuse.
How Behavior Issues Influence Drug Abuse
Behavior remedies are one of the important aspects of a good addiction treatment center. Many people misunderstand rehab. They think it will be all about the chemical aspects of substance abuse. However, there really is a lot more to addiction than just the physical aspects. Realistically, getting clean involves much more than addressing the physical and chemical aspects of addiction.
When people contemplate getting off drugs and alcohol, they start to see that addiction is about 70% mental and 30% physical.
The chemical dependence will keep a person abusing substances long after they should stop. However, the mental aspect of addiction causes a person to come back to substance abuse after a period of sobriety. So, addiction is the combination of mental, behavioral, spiritual, and psychological aspects.
Behavior Remedies at A Forever Recovery
A Forever Recovery excels in addressing the behavioral aspects of addiction through behavior remedies. Getting free and clear from addiction does take a lot of work, yes, but A Forever Recovery is able to help people find their path to abstinence. AFR’s methods are safe and effective. Though it is true that getting off drugs and alcohol takes a lot of work. But, A Forever Recovery offers a multitude of options to effectively address the behavior.
The treatment options include, but are not limited to:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Moral Reconation Therapy
- Booster Sessions
- Motivational interviewing
- Critical Thinking address
- Life Skills
- Integrity address
- Family counseling
- Spiritual and Religious approaches
- Native American techniques
A person can be successful in life after rehab. They need to address the behavioral aspects of substance abuse as well as the chemical addiction. A Forever Recovery is capable of doing this through their behavior remedies to address bad behavior. For more information, reach out to A Forever Recovery today.